Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, if you ask or answer a question or otherwise fill out a text box in our Q&A Tool, you may provide us with information such as your email address and other information that you may include in such questions or answers.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Q&A Tool
When you access or use our Q&A Tool, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Q&A Tool, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, the page from which you accessed the Q&A Tool, where you click within the Q&A Tool, which questions or answers you view or author, the location on the page where you accessed Q&A, and other information that will help us understand your use of the Q&A Tool and to provide more accurate information about the use of the tool. This information is collected on an aggregated basis and may be associated with your browser, but it does not identify you personally.
- Device Information: We collect information about the browser and device you use to access the Q&A Tool, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
- Information from Third-Party Site(s): When the Q&A Tool is enabled on a Third-Party Site, and you access the Q&A Tool, we may inadvertently capture information about you that happens to appear on that page of the Third Party Site unless the Third-Party Site has blocked such information using a mechanism that we provide for this purpose.
Information Stored in Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to store information, including storing cookies or other tracking technologies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Q&A Tool and your experience, and to understand your use of the Third-Party Site(s) from which you accessed the Q&A Tool, such as which areas of the Third Party Site attract questions and to count visits. The information storied on your device can only be accessed by our Q&A Tool and the Third-Party Site from which you accessed the tool; it cannot be accessed by other entities. For more information about cookies, and how to disable or delete them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, support and improve the Q&A Tool;
- Process and deliver questions and answers via the Q&A Tool;
- Send you technical notices and information, including answers to your questions, updates, administrative notices, or other messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Q&A Tool and the Third-Party Sites;
- Personalize the Q&A Tool for individual users or groups or types of users;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
AnswerDash is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Q&A Tool or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With the operator of the Third-Party Site on which you accessed the Q&A Tool so that they may respond to your questions and answers, provide customer service, and better monitor, understand, and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Q&A Tool and the Third-Party Site;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of AnswerDash or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share aggregated and anonymized question and answer content that does not contain personally identifiable information.
AnswerDash takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you that is collected through the Q&A Tool from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies.Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this will prevent the Q&A Tool from operating.